After using a Mac for a couple years, I just wanted to list some things I feel Apple needs to focus on. Apple Hardware quality remains outstanding and reliable and I love it. Where Apple is struggling is in MacOS and in Cloud offerings. Also some of these issues have lingering Radars that are not getting worked on.
- Make iWork a true Business Solution. Do any businesses actually use Pages and Numbers in iCloud? This feature falls far behind other similar offerings like Google Docs or Office365.
- Fix Parental Controls in El Capitan and newer. Parental Controls have not worked properly for several years.
- The Mac Mail App needs stability improvements, especially when copy and moving mail between mailboxes.
- Make iCloud Drive a true DropBox like solution. Currently a lot of File Sharing, Video Streaming features do not exist in iCloud Drive. Also the iCloud site sometimes has uptime problems.
- The 1.4 ghz and 2.6ghz 5200rpm HD models of Mac minis are under-powered. They are not up to the demands of Modern Computing.
- iCloud Sync for Windows does not work consistently. Windows users would really appreciate if iCloud Drive for windows would allow the temp directory to be moved and include a bandwidth throttle.
I was trying to stream in Chrome from some online streaming websites.
The audio sounded really bad, sort of shrill and tinny so i wanted to share two things I learned.
I then learned there are multiple speakers in the Laptop and they support the 5.1 Multi Channel Surround”.
- If you are streaming Audio in your browser like Chrome, you are not getting the New “Multi Channel Surround” experience. This is because Chrome defaults to just “Stereo” not “Multi Channel Surround”. If you folow the instructions in this article https://www.chromestory.com/2016/06/chrome-windows-surround-sound/ you can set chrome to start in Multi Channel Surround mode. What you need to do is basically launch Chrome with this text behind the target in the Shortcut ” –disable-audio-output-resampler.
- Reinstalling the Realtek Drive, thought perfunctory, and then setting the BO app to something like “Movie” seemed to help as well. Do NOT enable Windows Sonic Spatial Sound when using the Laptop speakers. You can turn it on when using other speakers.
So the moral of the story is if you listen to music in a browser you need to enable the Mutli Channel Sound in the browser. (There is also probsably like this feature built into your music player app).